7 Tips For Summer Heating And Cooling System Maintenenance
Twice a year, you should have professional maintenance done on your heating and cooling systems. Most people think about cleaning their system in the spring, but even now, with summer's heat upon us, it's still a great idea to have your system inspected. Evaluating the system will take care of problems before they arise, especially in the midst of hot, sticky, humid summer heat!
Summer HVAC maintenance tips include:
- The furnace controls and thermostat should be checked to be sure the starting cycle is working properly. This is important to save energy and stay comfortable.
- Test and tighten HVAC electrical connections, and lubricate moving parts. For best performance, adequate lubrication will reduce wear and increase life of the units.
- A plugged drainage pipe can cause water damage and mold. At the very least, it can affect the humidity levels in your home, making the home less comfortable. Be sure the condensate drain works correctly.
- Evaporator coils and air conditioning coils should be cleaned. This will reduce expense since dirty coils will take longer to cool, thereby requiring more electricity.
- Proper levels of refrigerant is important. Check the level to assure greatest HVAC efficiency.
- Blower components, if not correctly adjusted, can decrease efficiency by as much as 15 %. Be sure the blower is properly calibrated and adjusted.
- Clean air filters of the right type and efficiency for your sytem will improve the ability for air to pass through your HVAC unit and cool the room with less energy expended. This results in greater efficiency and costs savings.
It's not too late to have your system properly evaluated, inspected or maintained.
Columbia NW Heating Inc. specializes in efficiently upgrading or repairing air conditioning, heating, gas furnaces, heat pump, ductless heat pumps, tankless water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, electric furnaces, air filtration systems, oil furnaces, gas fireplaces and inserts, and all systems related to the comfort of your home or office in Portland and surrounding areas.